Thursday, March 4, 2010

It's Not Beginning to Look A Lot Like Christmas!

Day One:

It's been a long winter. Don't get me wrong, the weather has been glorious, but the days are short in December, January and February and I chase away the blues that are always huddled outside the door of my mind space but creating things. It brings color into my world, allows me the satisfaction of "completing" something and gives me the tactile sensations I crave. I love using my hands in whatever way: cooking, sewing, knitting, gardening, even repair jobs.

With that said, I'll post some pics of the works already finished or in progress.


This "Christmas" quilt is a pattern I saw in a quilting magazine years ago and fell in love with. Although the fabrics are sewed somewhat "randomly", the resulting "wreath" in the center is pleasing in all ways. I may use this pattern again with perhaps spring or fall colors. I don't have a full-size picture, as I haven't sewn on the binding yet. But...wait until you see the back side...WOW!
No, I cannot take credit for this amazing quilting job. I cannot afford the sophisticated sewing machine that would allow me to do this, so I have a local quilter do the quilting on her HUGE (takes up her whole downstairs rec room) quilting machine! I gave it to her and said, "do whatever you want with this" and this is what she came up with. It's so beautiful that I will end up hanging it both ways...front and back. She said she had so much fun doing this and is now inspired to do a solid color quilt herself...cool!

No comments: