Monday, July 25, 2011

Respite

The sun was out (after a two-week absence!) and Groupon provided us with an opportunity for a road trip, so we headed up to Mintner Gardens in Rosedale, BC.  We were surprised by how uncrowded it was on such a glorious day and we took full advantage of the quiet and the calm to re-energize.  Here's just a glimpse of the beauty that filled our senses to overflowing!

 I want this to be my summer cottage!


 See those "little" colored specks?  They are hang-gliders who are throwing themselves off of that very, very steep cliffside!  We had climpses of them throughout the garden!




 Follow the yellow brick road!


 This makes me very nervous...we don't usually see these guys until late August, early September.  What does this say about the length of this very unusual "summer" we're having?
 This was my very favorite garden detail!  I thought it was a great metaphor!  We are now able to "enter the veil"!




 A garden maven!


 A "house" fit for Bilbo Baggins!


 And what is more beautiful than late afternoon sun through the cedars?
A perfect day in every way!

3 comments:

Sherry said...

Lovely! Thanks for the mini vacation. It didn't cost me a dime.

Les Hon said...

Gorgeous!

Jessica Hubbard said...

See I told you Groupon was a wonderful thing! They even have things that Daddy likes!