Friday, July 17, 2009

Not A Picnic in the Park

Ring....Ring....Ring....

Ridgely: "Hello"

Wally: "I've got good news and bad news."


Ridgely: "Give me the bad news first."


Wally: I've got to work until 2:30 am. (That's Sat., he's been there since 7 am today, Friday).


Ridgely: "Why?"


Wally: "The swing shift guy is home sick, so I'm the swing shift."


Ridgely: "And the good news is....?"


Wally: "I won't have to work all day tomorrow (Sat.)"


Ridgely: "Ok, I'll bring you something to eat. At least we'll be able to eat dinner together for a change." (He usually doesn't get any dinner until he gets home at 10:00 pm or after.)



Yes, it's hard, but the Lord provides...Wally has a job and He sustains him in amazing ways during these insane hours he's working. Great is His faithfulness.

No comments: