Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Fast Train To Winter Solstice

It's the day before Thanksgiving and although I had to work today, we were "set free" early today because of time we will have to put in later for the seniors' culminating projects. That's a whole other story.

As I left school at high noon, I realized people were driving around town with their headlights on. It's amazing what passes for daylight in this latitude! Granted, it was overcast and there is a rain storm on its way, so the sky was grayer than it might have been otherwise. But, I'm just sayin'......

I confess that I am affected by light, or the lack thereof. I used to rail against the lack of it during winter, but I have since learned to "embrace" it. So I headed home, made myself a cup of good strong REAL English tea and settled down to listen to my very favorite seasonal CD: "Innisfree" by the choral group named Anam Cara.

If you are at all a fan of choral music with little to no accompaniment (I am a BIG fan), you MUST find this CD and listen to their version of "O Magnum Mysterium". It is truly one of the most beautiful and haunting choral pieces I have ever heard, and it never ceases to transport me to a place that is not affected by light or the lack thereof!

"...but if we walk in the Light as He Himself is in the Light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus His Son cleanses us from all sin" I John: 1:7

May thanksgiving be a natural outpouring of our hearts because of all He has done and continues to do in our lives. Enjoy this day set aside to spend with family and friends in acknowledgement of His provision!

No comments: