Monday, April 11, 2011

Higher Ground

Where did the past week go?  We were so busy and late getting to bed, that I haven't had a chance to post the rest of our adventures.  I'll do it a day at a time this week.  Where did I leave off?  I think last Wednesday was the last post.

Thursday Jessi was busy all day in Portland, so Wally and I took off for the day and explored the parks on top of the many hills that surround Portland.  First stop was Rocky Butte which sported an ancient castle-like fortress at its summit.  I love the old light fixtures which we saw in many different parks in and around Portland and in the gorge.  I'm not sure, but I think they are WPA
structures.

The view from the top is impressive, looking both east and west.  On a clear day, it must be even more spectacular.

Next we decided to try to track down Scott, the son of our friends from church, who is a freshman there.  We didn't know what dorm he was in and we didn't have his cell phone number and...we don't have cell phones ourselves!  But it's a small campus, so we figured we'd find him somehow and we did.  We tried calling him from a "public" wall phone in the student union, but we couldn't get it to work.  The students in the lounge looked at us in confusion when we asked if the public phones worked.  I had to remind Wally they have never ever used a wall phone!  A very helpful young woman in the admissions office took us to his dorm and his dormates tracked him down!  

We "kidnapped him" and took him upp to Tabor Mtn. for a quick walk around.
Go West Young Man!

Scott took us to a great pizza place called Flying Pie Pizza.
See anything wrong with this picture?  I want to know what kind of glue they used!

 

Way to go Scott!  It was a treat to see you!






No comments: